Ancero, USA

Secure, environmentally-friendly solution to the growing problem of redundant IT hardware

“Working with Techbuyer on our ITAD project was top notch. They were quick, professional and gave us a fair price for the equipment. I would highly recommend their services.”

Debbie Romano, Service Manager, Ancero



Both working and recyclabe items generated a cash return


Secure, environmentally friendly and cost effective solution


Certified data sanitisation on all data bearing devices


Ancero is a full service IT and communications provider that helps small to medium size businesses leverage cloud solutions to drive growth, collaboration and productivity. Ancero’s client base exists across the North East of the United States, the company has been in operation for over 20 years.

As a successful service provider, Ancero assesses client networks for efficiency and advises on appropriate changes. System monitoring, technology migration, software and hardware upgrades often entail the removal of redundant hardware, which usually will still be working, but no longer serves company requirements in terms of functionality or operational cost. Over its long history, Ancero had accumulated a large quantity of this kind of equipment and needed a solution that was secure, environmentally friendly and cost effective.

The Challenge

Ancero’s SOC II Type 2 Certification dictates strict information security and privacy standards for the handling of highly sensitive customer data on data bearing devices and is required to keep records that demonstrate all data has been properly sanitised. Due to space constraints, Ancero needed an IT Asset Disposition service to carry out this data sanitisation to the best industry standards, and to provide a secure chain of custody from one facility to the other with full asset tracking and security protocols in operation at every stage.

Techbuyer's Solution

On arrival, the entire inventory was logged on an asset register detailing the serial number of each device. Data bearing devices were erased using best in class industry software, and certification was provided. All component parts were tested for functionality and a value was assigned to all working and resalable equipment, which was restored to factory conditions and processed as refurbished stock. Broken equipment was triaged, weighed and assigned a recycling value. Both working and recyclable items generated a cash return for Ancero.

Techbuyer's Winning Criteria:

Certified data sanitisation on all data bearing devices

Specialised service tailored to the clients need

Complete end to end solution on secure removal and processing of hardware

Zero waste to landfill. We reuse 99% of all assets received - the remaining 1% is recycled

Cash return on redundant IT

Why partner with Techbuyer?


Significant cost savings


We will buy your surplus IT equipment


Techbuyer three year warranty as standard


Same-day and next-day delivery available


CTO servers to meet your individual requirements


Customers in over 100 countries worldwide