The HP MSR30 router series is a component of the HP FlexBranch solution, which is part of the HP FlexNetwork architecture. MSR30 series routers are ideal for medium to large enterprise branch and regional offices. They provide unmatched performance, integrated routing, switching, security, wireless, and voice services with a rich set of modular WAN/LAN connectivity options in a single device to reduce operating and capital costs and simplify complexity. HP MSR30 series routers are purpose-built routing platforms that deliver embedded applications, enhanced security, and performance acceleration, as well as support a wide range of flexible LAN, WAN, and voice interface options to enable remote users in branch locations to securely and reliably access enterprise applications and corporate resources.
Quality of Service (QoS)
- Traffic policing: supports Committed Access Rate (CAR) and line rate;
- Congestion management: supports FIFO, PQ, CQ, WFQ, CBQ, and RTPQ;
- Congestion avoidance: Weighted Random Early Detection (WRED)/Random Early Detection (RED);
- Other QoS technologies: support traffic shaping, FR QoS, MPLS QoS, and MP QoS/LFI.
- Management interface control: provides management access through modem port and terminal interface; provides access through terminal interface, telnet, or SSH;
- Industry-standard CLI with a hierarchical structure: reduces training time and expenses, and increases productivity in multivendor installations;
- Management security: multiple privilege levels with password protection restrict access to critical configuration commands; ACLs provide telnet and SNMP access; local and remote syslog capabilities allow logging of all access;
- SNMPv1, v2, and v3: provide complete support of SNMP; provide full support of industry-standard Management Information Base (MIB) plus private extensions; SNMPv3 supports increased security using encryption;
- Remote monitoring (RMON): uses standard SNMP to monitor essential network functions; supports events, alarm, history, and statistics group plus a private alarm extension group.
- High-density port connectivity: provides up to 10 interface module slots and up to 90 Fast Ethernet ports;
- Multiple WAN interfaces: provide a traditional link with E3, T3, E1, T1, ADSL, ADSL2, ADSL2+, G.SHDSL, ATM, OC-3, POS, Serial, and ISDN/AM backup; provide high-density Ethernet access with WAN Fast Ethernet/Gigabit Ethernet, LAN 4-/9-/16-/24-port Fast Ethernet, and PoE; provide mobility access with 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi and 3G;
- Ideal IP telephony solutions: support FXO, FXS, T1, E1, and BRI in various densities; support SIP voice communications to VCX; provide Web browser-based administration, Smart Dial Routing, FXS and FXO 1:1 binding for all ports, Power to Escape to PSTN when IP failures occur, and Enhanced Local MSR Survivability;
- Flexible port selection: provides a combination of fiber and copper interface modules, 100/1000BASE-X auto-speed selection, and 10/100/1000BASE-T auto-speed detection plus auto duplex and MDI/MDI-X;
- Packet storm protection: protects against broadcast, multicast, or unicast storms with user-defined thresholds.
- Excellent forwarding performance: provides forwarding performance from 220 Kpps to 360 Kpps; meets current and future bandwidth-intensive application demands of enterprise businesses;
- Powerful encryption capacity: includes embedded hardware encryption accelerator to improve encryption performance;
- Flexible chassis selection: offers a choice of more than five routers, meeting different requirements on enterprise branches.
Resiliency and high availability
- Backup Center: acts as a part of the management and backup function to provide backup for device interfaces; delivers reliability by switching traffic over to a backup interface when the primary one fails;
- External redundant power supply: provides high reliability;
- Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP): allows groups of two routers to dynamically back each other up to create highly available routed environments; supports VRRP load balancing.