Help deliver flexible, energy-conscious gigabit switching with PowerConnect™ 5548, featuring robust security, stacking and management. With 48 wire-speed Gigabit Ethernet ports available for campus switching, the 5548 scales with your network as it grows.
- High throughput: Supports wire-speed performance with up to 48 ports of GbE and two 10 GbE uplink ports for 40 Gbps of bandwidth;
- Energy conscious: Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) architecture helps reduce power to ports in sleep mode or remove power to inactive ports;
- Scalable: Manages up to 8 wire-speed switches as a single unit.
Help meet your network switching needs, no matter the size of your organization, with the PowerConnect™ 5548, featuring 48 ports of wire-speed GbE and robust security and enterprise management capabilities. USB configuration for rapid deployment and dedicated 10Gb stacking interfaces and 10Gb uplinks help you grow your wiring closets with your network.
Lifetime Limited Warranty
Gain peace of mind from PowerConnect™ switches that not only provide the quality, reliability and capability you expect from Dell™, but also guaranteed hardware for life — a true Lifetime Warranty1. For more details see.
Rapid deployment and configuration
Help save time and deployment costs by simplifying your network rollout with PowerConnect™ 5500 series of Gigabit Ethernet switches. Automatically assign switch configuration and IP addresses via DHCP or local USB during initial rollout. You can configure up to eight switches in a stack without pressing a single key or setting up a console connection.
You'll enjoy a number of management options with the PowerConnect 5500 Series switches, including:
- An industry-standard CLI;
- Remote management using an embedded web server;
- Support for SNMP-based management applications.
Help ensure that VoIP traffic is prioritized in the event of resource contention through the voice VLAN function. LLDP-Med provides detailed network topology records, emergency call service via IP phone location information and troubleshooting data.
Select from multiple security levels, with options that include such industry-standard features as:
- SSH/SSL management encryption
- DHCP snooping
- IP and MAC -based ACLs
- Access password protection
- Port-based MAC address alert and lock-down
High level security is provided through:
- RADIUS remote authentication for switch management access
- 802.1x authentication and TACACS+
- Management access filtering via management access profiles
The PowerConnect 5500 switches also help simplify security rollouts by allowing you to try your implementation before full enforcement is enabled, helping to smooth your transition to a secure campus.