The scalable EX4550 Ethernet Switch offers an economical, power-efficient, high-performance platform for enterprise campus and data center top-of-rack deployments, as well as for service provider environments.
The 1 U EX4550 has 32 wire-speed GbE/10GbE ports with two expansion slots for optional modules that increase port densities to 48. The EX4550 supports Layer 3 dynamic routing protocols such as RIP and OSPF, MPLS services such as Layer 2 and Layer 3 VPNs, MACsec on all ports, and a comprehensive quality-of-service (QoS) feature set.
The EX4550 also supports Juniper’s Virtual Chassis technology and can be deployed with EX4200 Switches in the same Virtual Chassis configuration to support environments where both GbE and 10GbE servers are present.
- Field-proven Juniper technology: A carrier-class architecture, coupled with the Junos OS, enables EX Series Switches to provide carrier-class reliability for every application.
- Security risk management integrates Unified Access Control to help EX Series Switches dynamically deliver network protection, guest access, and identity-based QoS.
- Wire-speed performance at high 1GbE, 10GbE and 40GbE port densities dramatically simplifies network topologies and operations.
- Eight QoS queues per switch port ensure proper prioritization of voice, video, and multiple levels of data traffic, with room to converge other networks, such as building automation and video security systems.
- Innovative, cost-effective switch design enables new architectures that reduce cost and complexity, while unified management and automation tools consolidate system monitoring.
- Virtual Chassis technology allows multiple interconnected EX4550 switches to operate as a single, logical device, reducing operational expenses and simplifying management.
- EX4550 switches can be deployed in the same Virtual Chassis configuration with EX4200 switches to support mixed 1GbE and 10GbE server environments.