The HP E3500 Switch Series consists of the most advanced intelligent edge switches in the HP Networking product line. The E3500 series includes 24-port and 48-port fixed-port switches. The foundation for all these switches is a purpose-built, programmable ProVision ASIC that allows the most demanding networking features, such as Quality of Service (QoS) and security, to be implemented in a scalable yet granular fashion. With a variety of Gigabit and 10/100 interfaces; integrated PoE+, PoE, and non-PoE options; and versatile 10-GbE connectivity (CX4, X2, and SFP+) on Gigabit switches, the E3500 switches offer excellent investment protection, flexibility, and scalability, as well as ease of deployment, operation, and maintenance.Quality of Service (QoS)
• Advanced classifier-based QoS: classifies traffic using multiple match criteria based on Layer 2, 3, and 4 information; applies QoS policies such as setting priority level and rate limit to selected traffic on a per-port or per-VLAN basis
• Remote Intelligent Mirroring: mirrors selected ingress/egress traffic based on ACL, port, MAC address, or VLAN to a local or remote HP E8200 zl, E6600, E6200 yl, E5400 zl, or E3500 switch anywhere on the network
• IPv6: IPv6 host: enables switches to be managed and deployed at the IPv6 network's edge. Dual stack (IPv4 and IPv6): transitions from IPv4 to IPv6, supporting connectivity for both protocols . MLD snooping: forwards IPv6 multicast traffic to the appropriate interface. IPv6 ACL/QoS: supports ACL and QoS for IPv6 network traffic, preventing traffic flooding. IPv6 routing: supports static and OSPFv3 routing protocols.
• High-speed/capacity architecture: up to 153.6 Gbps crossbar switching fabric provides intra- and inter-module switching with up to 111.5 million pps throughput on the purpose-built ProVision ASICs
Resiliency and high availability
• Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (requires Premium License): allows groups of two routers to dynamically back each other up to create highly available routed environments
Layer 2 switching
• IEEE 802.1ad QinQ (requires Premium License): increases the scalability of an Ethernet network by providing a hierarchical structure; connects multiple LANs on high-speed campus or metro network
Layer 3 services
• User Datagram Protocol (UDP) helper function: allows UDP broadcasts to be directed across router interfaces to specific IP unicast or subnet broadcast addresses and prevents server spoofing for UDP services such as DHCP
Please Note: This product may not come with brackets.