HP LTO Ultrium Tape Drives represent five-generations of LTO tape drive technology capable of storing up to 3 TB per cartridge, with HP TapeAssure for manageability, hardware data encryption and unprecedented performance. With HP TapeAssure customers can be confident that their data is safe by monitoring drive and media utilization, operational performance and life/health information for drive and media. Data hardware encryption using AES 256-bit provides easy-to-enable security to protect the most sensitive data and prevent unauthorized access of tape cartridges. By using encryption, data is fully capable of being compressed therefore maximizing capacity; encrypted backups are completed without a loss in performance. Capable of data transfer rates up to 280 MB/sec, HP’s exclusive Data Rate Matching further optimizes performance by matching host system speed to keep drives streaming, thus enabling the fastest tape performance.
- The new HP LTO-5 Ultrium 3280 SAS Tape Drive models, capable of storing up to 3 TB per cartridge, provide a 6Gb/sec SAS interface allowing direct connect to SAS-based servers
- The new HP LTO-5 Ultrium 3000 SAS Tape Drive models, capable of storing up to 3 TB per cartridge, provide a 6Gb/sec SAS interface allowing direct connect to SAS-based servers
Outstanding Capacity and Performance with Monitoring/Management Capabilities and Hardware Encryption
- LTO Ultrium Tape Drives provide up to 3 TB of compressed capacity on a single cartridge.
- HP TapeAssure offers customers the ability to make the best use of their investment and be confident that their data is safe by monitoring drive and media utilization, operational performance and life/health information for drive and media, allowing the switch from reactive to proactive management.
- Enables even the tightest backup window to be met with unprecedented performance.
- Provides highest level of security with compression for strong backup data privacy to secure confidential information and address compliance quickly and with fewer cartridges.
Reliable, Well Connected and Compatible
- Allows the tape drive to dynamically and continuously adjust the speed of the drive to keep drives streaming to maximize performance and reduce start/stops which significantly increase reliability of HP drives and media.
- SCSI and SAS models qualified on HP and non-HP; including popular platforms from vendors such as Dell, IBM, and Sun. Visit us on the web for the latest information on HP Backup Compatibility.
- Extensive list of supported backup and archiving software applications from HP, CA, VERITAS, Legato, Tivoli, and many more.
- Design leveraged from previous HP LTO tape drives to deliver confident backups at high duty cycles.
Complete Solution Straight out of the Box
- Provides HP LTO media, cleaning cartridge(with full height drives), a free copy of HP Data Protector Express Software Basic which includes support for hardware data encryption and OBDR, cables and documentation.
- Restores your entire ProLiant system at the touch of a button without the need for system disks or software CDs. Visit HP One-Button Disaster Recovery (OBDR) Solution for the latest information.
- Helps make installation, management, and troubleshooting simple
- For IT organizations with stringent, long-term data retention requirements, WORM data protection capability offers a simple and secure method for archiving records allowing customers to affordably meet the toughest industry compliance regulations.