HP's IP Console Switch with Virtual Media is a key component in managing the heterogeneous data center and along with the IP Viewer software allows remote access to multiple servers running various operating systems. Virtual Media capability allows a removable drive or ISO image to be remotely mapped to an attached server in the data center or a remote office for software installations and upgrades. An intuitive On-Screen Display (OSD) provides menus for configuration, virtual media, display, and even security and upgrades from the local console.Full remote KVM functionality
• Full remote KVM functionality: Remote KVM control of servers and serially attached devices at near local performance.
Remote virtual media
• Remote virtual media: Easily load and update software and firmware from anywhere on the LAN or WAN when used with Virtual Media Interface Adapters.
• iLO compatibility: Easily switch between remote KVM and iLO sessions.
On-Screen Display (OSD)
• On-Screen Display (OSD): Displays system-related information on the console monitor, such as selected server name, status, power-up test data, configuration menus and virtual media.
• Programmable Scanning: An evaluation of system performance can be made by sequentially scanning any or all of the computers in the system. Programmable scanning allows you to determine which computers to include as well as the duration of the connection.