The BL680c G7 provides maximum performance and unparalleled scale-up expansion never before seen in a 4P x86 blade. This creates an extremely powerful database engine while handling very demanding workloads and making traditional 4P rack to blade transition a true reality. The ProLiant BL680c G7 supports the E7-4800 family and E7-8867L processors.
Four 130W processors are supported with 64 RDIMM slots for 2.0TB of memory, 7 PCIe Gen2 I/O slots, and 6 10Gb FlexFabric CNA ports for standard Ethernet to advanced networking. By designing a balanced architecture, the server is a very unique 4P blade offering ensuring all subsystems are used effectively. Traditional 4P blades are often unbalanced, providing CPU performance and density at the expense of proportional memory and I/O bandwidth.
These server often fail when faced with larger databases, higher-density virtualization and general data-intensive applications.
- Increased performance now supporting the Intel® Xeon® E7-4800 family and E7-8867L processors
- Double the memory capacity via support for 32GB RDIMMs; world's first 4P blade to support 2.0TB of memory
- Improved power efficiency via low voltage RDIMM support, a new, more power economical memory buffer, E7-8867L low power processor, and Intel Intelligent Power Technology
- Enhanced RAS with Double Device Data Correction (DDDC), HP Memory Quarantine, and Intel Virtualization Technology VT-x Real Mode & Pause Loop Exiting enhancements
- Added system security via Intel Advanced Encryption Standard New Instructions (Intel AES-NI)
- Enhanced Core Disable allowing more control over enabling/disabling processor cores.
Never Before Seen Multiprocessor Scalability in a Blade Server
- World’s first 4P server blade to support a two terabytes of memory providing the ultimate database machine, ability to handle very large consolidation projects and a variety of data-demanding workloads
- Up to four top performing Intel Xeon E7-4800 processors each up to 130 watts deliver maximum computing power
- 60 Gb of embedded FlexFabric ports and seven (7) I/O expansion slots bring the total maximum I/O bandwidth to 192 Gb supporting up to 273 VMs
- Four hot-plug SAS/SATA/SSD bays for up to 4.0 TB of internal storage powered by a high performance Smart Array P410i 6Gb controller for RAID 0 and 1 standard and optional flash backed write cache options to 1 GB with RAID 1+0, 5, and 6 capability
Six Embedded HP Virtual Connect 10Gb FlexFabric Adapters
- Six embedded NC553i 10Gb Converged Network Adapter ports deliver extensive bandwidth for network intensive applications with up to Up to 24 connections to network and storage without the need for add-in I/O mezzanine cards
- Integrated Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) and hardware-based iSCSI with iSCSI boot simplify management and lower infrastructure costs by converging LAN and SAN traffic over the same flexible connection
- Ability to utilize the adapter high-end FlexFabric features or configure than as standard 1Gb or 10Gb Ethernet ports
Making Multiprocessor Server Rack to Blade Transition a True Reality
- Performance, memory, and I/O slot expandability equal to or greater than a typical 4P x86 rack server
- Reduce rack space up to 58%. Consolidate four standard 4P rack servers and eight high performance LAN/SAN edge switches (that can occupy up to 24U) into a single 10U c7000 enclosure.
- Radically simplify system design and lower cost by eliminating all rack server to edge switch cables and decrease power cables to no more than six
- The HP BladeSystem enclosures also eliminate individual server management cables, consolidating them into just one (or two for redundancy) even further simplifying system design
Fully Balanced, Optimized Intel Xeon 4S Architecture
- With major advances in processor performance, applications are already memory and I/O bound, not processor. Yet, typical server blades are often unbalanced, providing processor performance and density at the expense of proportional memory capacity, I/O bandwidth, and storage.
- The Intel Xeon E7-4800 processor family represent Intel's greatest performance leap in history over the previous generation Intel Xeon 4-core 7400 series. Rather than provide a processor-heavy design, the BL680c G7 fully optimizes all the capabilities of the E7-4800 multiprocessor 4S architecture.
- Each socket includes the maximum allowable two memory controllers that each have two Intel Scalable Memory Interface (SMI) buses. Each SMI connects to a memory buffer that supports four 16 GB DIMMs for a total of 16 DIMMs per processor socket (64 DIMMs or up to 2.0 TB of memory per server).
- Each socket supports 130 watts allowing up to four maximum performing E7-4800 processors