The Brocade 8Gb SAN Switch for HP BladeSystem c-Class delivers an easy to manage embedded Fibre Channel switch with 8 Gbps performance. The Brocade 8Gb SAN Switch hot-plugs into the back of the HP BladeSystem c-Class Enclosure. The integrated design frees up rack space, enables shared power and cooling, and reduces cabling and small form-factor pluggables. Enhanced trunking support with external switches provides higher bandwidth to enable demanding applications such as server virtualization. New features in the Power Pack+ option enable you to manage data flow to maintain optimized application performance. The 12 or 24 auto-sensing ports support lower bandwidth components for investment protection and an upgrade license enables you to â€˜pay as you growâ€™. The Brocade 8Gb SAN Switch saves space and cost, significantly simplifies the SAN environment, enables easier deployment and management, and delivers the performance required for emerging higher throughput applications.
- Compliance with the Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS2) directive;
- HP SAN Network Advisor Professional Plus Software;
- HP B-series 8Gb Extended Long Wave 25km FC SFP+, recommended for FICON installations and connectivity of SAN islands to corporate central SANs. Note: For use with 8Gb B-series switching products only.
- Enables data center consolidation with HP BladeSystem c-Class through a state-of-the-art zero-footprint design while lowering cost through shared power and cooling, fewer cables and SFPs, and a reduction in space
- Enables support of virtualized environments and other emerging technologies through high-speed technology that doubles the performance of the storage network. Both internal and external facing ports auto-sense lower bandwidth components for flexibility and investment protection (2, 4, or 8Gb).
- Includes connection speed support for all ports to provide a high-performance system with aggregate bandwidth of up to 384 Gbps (24 ports x 8 Gbps x 2 for full duplex).
- Providing support for up to a single trunk made up of all eight SAN ports for a total of up to 64 Gbps balanced throughput. Trunking of the SAN-facing ports with external Brocade or HP B-series Switches provides a high-bandwidth solution while lowering costs through fewer SFPs and cables.
- Enables organizations to better manage data flows and meet service level agreements while maintaining optimized application performance in virtual environments with new Adaptive Networking services, including Adaptive Fabric Quality of Service, Traffic Isolation, and Ingress Rate Limiting.
- Employs N_Port ID Virtualization (NPIV), an ANSI T11 standard, to enable interoperability with other SAN fabrics and eliminate domain considerations while improving SAN scalability.
- Integrates with HP Onboard Administrator for BladeSystem, HP Systems Insight Manager, and HP Storage Essentials and leverages HP B-series management and monitoring tools. An SMI-s API enables the use of industry standard interfaces to integrate management with other applications.
- Available in 12-port, 24-port and 24-port Power Pack+ Full Fabric models. Choose the features and management options that make sense for your needs. In addition
- Enables â€˜pay as you growâ€™ scalability for easy, scalable growth in dynamic business environments with a non-disruptive 12-port upgrade for the 12-port model.
Please Note: This product may not come with brackets.