Health and Safety Policy Statement
Techbuyer recognises its responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, for ensuring so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of its employees and others that may be affected by the activities of the company.
Techbuyer attaches the greatest importance to health and safety considering this to be a management responsibility ranking equally with other management functions within the company.
Techbuyer considers that the organisation’s ‘duty of care’ standards extend to wherever the employee travels on business, and that it will provide information, training, support and equipment to protect the employee’s health, safety and welfare at all times.
It is our policy to take all reasonably practicable precautions for the prevention of accidents and dangerous occurrences and the creation of working conditions, which safeguard employees.
To this end, Techbuyer will allocate the necessary resources and enlist the active support and co-operation of all employees, upon whom duties are also imposed by the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974.
Techbuyer regards the standards set by the various relevant statutory provisions as the minimum standard, which must be achieved, and will seek to improve upon these standards where reasonably practicable.
It is the policy of Techbuyer, so far as is reasonably practicable, to:
- Provide safe systems of work;
- Provide and maintain safe plant and equipment;
- Provide a safe place of work with safe access and egress;
- Provide for the safe use, handling, storage and transport of all articles and substances used;
- Provide a safe working environment;
- Provide adequate and sufficient information, instruction, training and supervision to employees and others such as visitors and contractors;
- Provide consultation and participation of workers within the OH&S management system;
- Eliminate hazards and reduce OH&S risks where appropriate;
- Promote continuous improvement of the OH&S management system.
Adequate facilities and arrangements will be maintained for there to be effective communication and consultation regarding health and safety issues and for the policy to be communicated to all employees.
Competent people will be appointed by Techbuyer to assist us in meeting our statutory duties including, where appropriate, specialists from outside the organisation.
The company’s performance will be monitored to ensure that the health and safety objectives are achieved.
The health and safety policy will be regularly reviewed and, if necessary, revised in the light of legislative or organisational changes.
Techbuyer Europe CEO