Powerful, efficient, versatile.
Drive a wide range of demanding workloads with a flexible server offering peak 2-socket performance and huge internal storage capacity.
Tailor your tower to your workloads
Accelerate demanding workloads with the powerful and flexible PowerEdge T630 2-socket tower server, a member of the 13th generation of PowerEdge servers.
Versatile and efficient performance:
Drive rapid response times with the latest Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3 product family, DDR4 memory and seven I/O slots.
Expanded capacity, unprecedented capability:
With support for up to 50 percent more hard drives than previous generations, the PowerEdge T630 brings new capabilities to small and medium businesses and remote offices running mail and messaging, medical imaging, server and desktop virtualization, and budget-conscious graphical rendering. Supporting up to 32 x 2.5" or 18 x 3.5" hard drives, the T630 can store more mailboxes of larger sizes can dramatically lower your cost per mailbox. Flexible storage configurations allow you to meet exacting workload requirements, while ample drive space allows for cost-effective, in-server expansion.
Fast storage, fast insights:
Up to four NVMe Express Flash PCIe SSDs and the optional 12Gb PowerEdge RAID Controller (PERC9) make the PowerEdge T630 ideal for a wide range of IOPs-hungry workloads including database, enterprise resource planning (ERP) and decision support. For increased application acceleration, the T630 can take advantage of optional Dell Fluid Cache for SAN and SanDisk DAS Cache for even faster data access. In-server storage tiering and multi-mode RAID options also help optimize virtual storage for VMware® vSAN™ and Microsoft Storage Spaces.
Powerful GPU acceleration:
From graphical rendering to implementing virtual desktops, support for up to four optional GPU accelerators enables additional performance and capability.
Simplify and automate your IT management tasks
Manage your servers the way you want: individually, collectively, in-person, remotely or with your smartphone — it’s your choice. Consistent administration and 3rd-party integration ensures seamless management of PowerEdge servers.
- Simplify administration of PowerEdge servers with the embedded intelligence of the integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) with Lifecycle Controller and with the robust, timesaving management features of the entire Dell OpenManage portfolio.
- Agent-free management Agent-free management from iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller offers real-time monitoring for the server and internal storage devices. It also monitors server health, internal parameters and system performance without requiring agents to be installed in the server operating system — agents which could require additional upkeep and consume valuable CPU time.
- Lifecycle Controller Lifecycle Controller provides deployment, update and support automation on demand to maximize data center efficiency and can automatically inventory, monitor and update any new Dell PowerEdge system added to the data center. It includes managed and persistent onboard storage that, when combined with its systems management capabilities, eliminates the need for traditional media-based system management tools and utilities.
- Zero-touch automated deployment Zero-touch automated deployment discovers and auto-configures Dell servers by using configuration files stored in designated locations on an internal network, which can reduce setup time and manual entry errors.
- Automated server updates Automated server updates synchronize servers to firmware baselines stored at designated locations on an internal network to simplify firmware updates.
- The Tech Support Report, automatically maintained by iDRAC, is a continuously updated health and status report that monitors over 5,000 key system parameters and can help cut time needed to identify and resolve server issues.
Monitor and manage from anywhere
Administer systems from your smartphone, laptop or at the system with both local and remote management options.
- Use your smartphone with the OpenManage Mobile app to securely monitor remote systems.
- Use a USB memory stick to upload configurations files for BIOS, iDRAC, PERC, LAN on motherboard (LOM) and network interface card (NIC) updates with the iDRAC Direct feature.
- Connect a laptop via USB to a specific server’s embedded iDRAC8 management-console interface for robust "at-the-system" management.
Designed for the future-ready workplace
Whether installed as a tower or rack-mounted server, the PowerEdge T630 is ready to drive your demanding workloads today and into the future. With its powerful and scalable performance, Fresh Air 2.0 compliance and library-quiet acoustics, it has the versatility to accelerate a wide range of demanding workloads.