In The Press: Harrogate tech giants showcase bed centred around sustainability at the return of the Bed Race
We are thrilled to be the sponsors of the Knaresborough Bed Race 2022 and recently welcomed local community radio, Your Harrogate, to our local Harrogate offices to talk about our involvement with this year’s Great Knaresborough Bed Race. This article was published on the 10th of June 2022.
- The theme of this year’s Great Knaresborough Bed Race: ‘The Environment: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle’ ties in perfectly with Techbuyer’s mission and our bed design.
- The bed design kept a local theme with the Knaresborough viaduct, whilst also educating and encouraging people to re-use their IT equipment instead of throwing it away. The bed was made out of redundant IT parts and showcased the treasure that can be found in redundant IT.
- Techbuyer promotes sustainability within the industry by providing quality refurbished IT equipment to organisations across the globe.
- The 2022 event marks Techbuyer’s seventh Bed Race.
- 1000s of people have been lining the streets of Knaresborough every 2nd Sunday of June, since 1966, to watch the pageant of decorated beds, passengers and runners before the gruelling 2.4 miles race up and down the streets of Knaresborough, culminating with the infamous 30 yard swim across the ever-icy waters of the River Nidd - an unmissable event for locals and tourists alike.
Your Harrogate is the home of Harrogate radio, providing updates on great local news, competitions, vouchers, and more from the Harrogate District.
Techbuyer is a global IT company based in Harrogate, UK, with sites in the USA, France, Germany, New Zealand and Australia. Specialising in the buying, selling and refurbishing of data centre and networking equipment, Techbuyer ensure that more used, excess and redundant IT equipment is turned into high quality hardware and is reused rather than sent to landfill before its end of life.
Find out more about our lifecycle services and what Techbuyer can do for you here.
You can read the feature in full here.