EX4600 Ethernet switches offer a compact, highly scalable, high-performance 10GbE solution for enterprise campus distribution deployments as well as low-density data center top-of-rack environments.
Designed to help organizations grow into higher density campuses, the EX4600 provides deployment flexibility, high availability using unified in-service software upgrades (unified ISSU), and management simplification with support for MC-LAG. The highly flexible, high-density EX4600 supports up to 40 1GbE ports, 72 10GbE ports, or 12 40GbE ports through installable modules, delivering 1.44 Tbps of Layer 2 and Layer 3 connectivity in a single rack unit.
The EX4600 also supports Juniper's Virtual Chassis technology, which allows up to 10 interconnected EX4600 and EX4300 switches to operate as a single, logical device.
- Field-proven Juniper technology: A carrier-class architecture, coupled with the Junos OS, enables EX Series Switches to provide carrier-class reliability for every application.
- Security risk management integrates Unified Access Control to help EX Series Switches dynamically deliver network protection, guest access, and identity-based QoS.
- Wire-speed performance at high 1GbE, 10GbE and 40GbE port densities dramatically simplifies network topologies and operations.
- Eight QoS queues per switch port ensure proper prioritization of voice, video, and multiple levels of data traffic, with room to converge other networks, such as building automation and video security systems.
- Innovative, cost-effective switch design enables new architectures that reduce cost and complexity, while unified management and automation tools consolidate system monitoring.
- Virtual Chassis technology allows multiple interconnected EX Series switches to operate as a single, logical device, reducing operational expenses and simplifying management.