Premium Stackable Fast Ethernet Switching for Advanced Edge Applications
The 3Com Switch 5500-EI 52-Port is a premium stackable 10/100 switch with Enhanced Image (EI) software for businesses running the most demanding network applications requiring the highest "five 9s" network uptime.
48-ports operate at 10/100 while four additional SFP-based ports operate at Gigabit speeds.
The Switch 5500-EI supports distributed, resilient 3Com XRN® Stacking Technology and advanced Layer 3 (RIP / OSPF) routing, Layer 2-4 QoS, and rate limiting features.
This switch provides extensive security features—SNMP v3, SSH, network login—and resilient hot-swap stacking for simplified management and monitoring.
All 3Com Switch 5500 products share the same operating system as our premium modular switches and routers, including the 3Com Switch 8800 and 7700. This permits you to manage an entire distributed switching and routing infrastructure from a single CLI or SNMP management platform such as 3Com Enterprise Management Suite or 3Com Network Director.
- 48 10/100 ports, with 4 SFP slots.
- Scalable stackable design with resilient stacking up to eight units high, or 384 Fast Ethernet ports using 2 Gbps stacking bandwidth (4 Gbps full duplex).
- 17.6 Gbps switching capacity, 13.1 Mpps forwarding rate, maximum.
- Wirespeed performance across all ports within a stack delivers optimal throughputs and bandwidth for business-critical data and high-speed communications.
- Multi-layer operation with static routes, RIP-based Layer 3 functionality, OSPF, and PIM-DM and PIM-SM.
- 3Com XRN® Stacking Technology provides for the creation of eight-unit stacks that offer chassis-like availability and resiliency over traditional aggregated-trunk configurations. The entire stack is managed as a single-IP management entity, with "masterless" sharing of critical routing information across all units for fast failure recovery.
- Load-sharing and cross-stack trunking features help eliminate dropped packets, clear up traffic bottlenecks, and improve server availability.
- Integrated distributed security enforcement.
- Advanced, time-based Access Control Lists (ACLs) help safeguard key network resources from unauthorized access and data corruption.
- User-based authentication and DES 56-bit or 168-bit encryption help secure Layer 3 protocols and management controls.
- Shared 3Com Operating System consolidates administrative control over the entire switching infrastructure—contributing to a more unified network environment and providing unparalleled edge-to-core visibility and control.
- Built-in support for AC- and DC-powered operations enables you to leverage existing power schemes and cost-effectively extend power to the edge of the network.
- Available DC Redundant Power Supply (RPS), designed by Eaton Powerware Corporation, a leading provider of integrated power systems.