FortiAP-320B Versatile Wireless Access Point
Wireless Access Point FortiAP-320B is dual-band dual-radio IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n standards-based, and operates on both 2.4 GHz b/g/n and 5 GHz a/n spectrums. The FAP-320B delivers the new 3x3 MIMO technology with three spatial streams, which allows connection rates of up to 450Mbps. This results in more than 50% throughput than 2x2 MIMO access points and higher performance over longer connection ranges.
This Fortinet wireless access point is purpose-built for customers demanding the highest performance, availability and versatility. Its dual redundant POE Ethernet ports provide maximum uptime, making this wireless AP ideal for mission-critical environments such as hospitals and factories. You can also conceal this access point above drop-ceiling tiles as the enclosure uses plenum-rated plastics and cast aluminum in its construction.
Just like all FortiAP products, you can configure this versatile AP in AP mode, Mesh mode, Bridge Mode, dedicated air monitor or as a remote AP with encrypted data channel and local traffic breakout. It supports up to eight SSIDs per radio—seven for client access and one for scanning for rogue access points. It uses multiple discovery techniques including DNS discovery to find available FortiGate controllers over L2 or L3 networks.
The FAP-320B includes the latest generation wireless access point hardware, enabling advanced 802.11n technologies and features. These features include Low-Density Parity Check (LDPC) encoding, Maximum Likelihood Demodulation/Maximum Ratio Combining (MLD/MRC), and Transmit Beam Forming (TxBF). The end-result is an impressive increase in performance and coverage.
Scalable Hardware Platform
- High throughput 3x3 triple stream MiMo with 450Mbps association rate per radio
- Dual-redundant 802.3af or 802.3at PoE connectors for maximum availability
Advanced 802.11n to enhance rate-over-range
- Multicast to unicast conversation
- Tested for high density iPad installations
Security & QoS
- WPA™ and WPA2™, 802.11i, WEP, 802.1X, PSK
- Encryption: AES:CCMP, TKIP, and RC4 (WEP only)
- Intra-SSID privacy for Hotspots
- Layer 7 traffic prioritization for business-grade application performance guarantees
- Fast roaming for uninterrupted Wi-Fi connectivity and VOIP over WLAN operations
- Centralized management with FortiManager
- Centralized reporting with FortiAnalyzer
- Global profile management
Please Note: Brackets do not come as standard on this product.